Wednesday, November 15

My First Date


It was a beautiful Sunday morning.
I woke up with a plain smile on my face.

"This is it. My first time in two years." I said to myself, referring to the date.

While I was inside the train, my heart was poised and moreover, the ambience around me was really calm. "This may be a good sign. " I thought.

Upon reaching the mrt exit gantry, I saw one particular guy wearing a simple blue shirt paired with denim jeans leaning on the mrt map board, glancing at my direction. I figured it'd be him and waved.

He acted a little awkward but I brushed it off by greeting and leading the way to LJS for breakfast.

We had quite a nice conversation as a start. The usual essential questions and a bit of storytelling when suddenly towards the end, he asked if I wanted to catch a movie. I almost hesitated, however, I gave a short thought,  "One movie won't do any harm" and then agreed happily.

We were waiting for the train to ride to the movie, but the train had a 10min delay. I dislike to make conversations as I think I might screw up a topic or so. However, he striked a normal 'lepak' conversation. I find it comfortable to talk after that. What's unforgettable was he sang a short note from a malay song in front of me and I was like wow, not bad.

We went to watch Thor: Ragnarok. It was a good choice for the first date. Why? Because we laughed out real loud at some parts of the movie. Let's just say, we were being ourselves during the movie. I enjoyed it while it lasted. He discreetly mentioned watching the movie with me was a "Thor-baik" idea.

Before we depart from the mrt platform, I picked up my courage to thank him for the day. And all he said was, "okay... Bye". Hahahaha.

However it was a good date after so long. 

No comments: