Sunday, January 7

My First Date - Part Two

Yung Ho Road | 6 Jan 2018

The day we looked forward to has finally arrived and boy, was he very excited about bowling. Last we met was in early December last year.

Ugh. Can't believe the fact that I'm late this time round... And actually we made a deal beforehand. Whoever's late should treat breakfast.

So we kick start the day with a hearty meal at KFC. It was lucky of us to get the very last order for breakfast as it was already 11:00am. Sigh I wanted porridge but I've forgotten and got pancakes instead eventhough I am not really a fan of it.

As usual we had some chillax talk and embraced our lame jokes together. When we were diving into a topic about food, the pancakes specifically, he asked, which one's better, McDonald's or KFC pancakes? Without doubt McDonald's is my answer and he agreed to it. Afterwards our conversation went like this:

Me: "But I'm not a fan of pancakes. I like burgers."
Him (jokingly said) : "Really? But I like you."
Me: "ah?" *I gave him a blur stare afterwards and chuckled a bit before munching away my pancakes.

After breakfast, we played bowling and I had lots of fun because I learned how to curl the ball and thanks to him for that. He was very patient with my easily-give up attitude but eventually I got the hang of it by the end of our 4th game. Our wrists hurt though. Until now while I'm typing, I can feel my bones aching. But of course, he's still the winner afterall with all the cool curlings he did. Effortless, I must say.

It was about 2pm when we reached Masjid Sultan to perform our Zuhur prayers. After which, we went to working title for our main course of the day. BURGERS. While we wait for our food to arrive, we played a mini game (pinball/soccer inspired) using his root beer glass bottle cap to get ourselves entertained that even the waitress noticed. Hahaha. He got himself cheese and whiskers while I got dark wing duck. Both tasted so good! It enlightened my mood there for a bit.

Afterwards, we headed to Lickety SG. Damn the shop was... Awkwardly tiny. It reminded me of Gofre. I missed Gofre. We had three scoops of ice cream with red velvet waffle. The sea salt caramel was sedap gila. How we wished to get all three scoops of that flavour.

Oh. Almost forgot we also went to Overrun for a lychee mojito drink. He was thirsty from indulging all the dairy based dessert.  Again, the drink was awesome. Refreshing. Thumbs up. While he was drinking, he shared with me his baby photo, how he had golden hair when he was a baby, who was his previous girlfriend (which I assume he's still not over her...but, I appreciate his honesty, that's how you know when he trusts you.. Being all open with a friend like me), where he used to intern at and some other sweet memories he had.

He wanted to trim his sideburns a bit but the shop we saw and went to was closed. Looks like he could give room for his sideburns to grow? Hahaha.

Anyway we prayed Asar at Sultan once again. This time in masses/congregation. Alhamdulillah. Really Alhamdulillah for this.

And the dessert hunt was not over yet. He gave subtle hint that he wanted to try out the cempedak creme Brulee I recommended from Krave. You guys best believe that it's good. Really smooth flavour. It was his first time trying it and he had his sepet eyes widened the moment he put the spoonful of creme brulee in his mouth. Oh well, I'm the queen of Cafe hopping, not. Hahaha.

Before we end our day, I took a photo of us as it was a very memorable day for me and I do hope he enjoyed the day as much as I did.

A chillax date.
#roadtomoredateslol

No comments: