Wednesday, January 3

Small Matter

Gardens By the Bay | 10 Dec 2017

I spoke too soon about having a good start of the year. Oh well.. Things happened.. 

Today specifically, I felt very down than the other days. I'm not sure why. When I reached home, dad was already home as well. We had a little chat about my 2A license before I go out again for my weekly jog.

So the story begins... After I got back home, tired from the jog. I saw the laundry, still not folded and a separate one in the washing machine not being hung up on the bamboo sticks.

I thought, "maybe I should do mum a favour. It's been a while since I do the laundry." and proceed to do the chore.

Mum got home a few minutes later and began raising her voice at me, telling me not to do the laundry as she wants to do it her way. As usual I will follow her instructions and then go to my room.

She called me a few times from the kitchen balcony soon after. I answered with a "What is it?!" from my room. I don't know what bugged her so much she began to yell loudly.

"I'm tired of this. I called you and you ignored me. I'm tired!! What are these clothes doing on the chair?! When did you wear this?! Why don't you understand me at all!" and all I did was stare at her blankly.

After a few seconds pause, 

I finally said "I understand you are tired. There's no need to shout whenever you're feeling tired! I just got home from jogging, thinking that I should do the laundry for you, mum. Do you understand? I'm tired too, getting into endless quarreling with you about small matters. I hate to make you cry. "

Sigh. I always don't know where did I go wrong in small matters like this. I'll be at wrong regardless if I speak or remain quiet. Haha. Ridiculous lah. 

Dilemma of being the eldest daughter in this family. I have to please my parents, take care of their fragile hearts even if mine is broken to pieces.

Sigh. What a day. 

No comments: